Team Tonsmeire will forever have his 4th Hemcher Cup title linked to the 2018 Wildcats which seems like a pretty nice thing. Team Zucker is the only other franchise that can revel in such satisfaction.
Tonsmeire won his title by leading wire to wire, opening up an 11 point lead in round 1 and closing it out with a 49 point final tournament margin over 2nd place finisher and prior year champion Team Gannon.
1. Tonsmeire 666 points, 41 games played, 16.2 PPG average
2. Gannon 617 points, 39 games played, 15.8 PPG average
3. Knight 554 points, 43 games played, 12.9 PPG average
4. Lampazzi 488 points, 34 games played, 14.4 PPG average
5. Zucker 468 points, 36 games played, 13.0 PPG average
2018 All Hemcher:
Malik Newman, Team Gannon 108 points
Jalen Brunson, Team Tonsmeire 97 points
Mikal Bridges, Team Knight 93 points
Donte DiVincenzo, Team Gannon 90 points
Moritz Wanger, Team Tonsmeire 90 points
To the victor goes the spoils, so it’s $125 to Team Tonsmeire from Gannon, Zucker and I since Knight won the bracket and now with just 5 competitors, it splits nicely for the three of us to pay Tons and Knight nets 0.
Congrats Tons and the Cats for the championship years.